Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday 21 January 2012

Good day,Bad day

****LONG POST ALERT****

Day;Saturday, 21st of January 2012
Location:1. My flat
              2. Traumatology wing. Regional hospital

*****

#Good:My outlook for today was very bright because I woke with a smile across my face. Reason It was the longest sleep I had in days past and it lasted a whooping 5hours!!
I got out of bed sluggishly ,made my way to the kitchen to set up baking things for a cake i would be taking to a group feasting later in the evening.

#Bad ; Burnt cake
I don't mean to brag but the very first cake I baked in my awesome life did not even get a crack on top not to mention getting burnt, but this morning put an end to my spree of never burnt cakes.
Now I need to stop at the store on my way back from the hospital to bake a new one..:'(

#Bad or Good? ; Trauma in Traumatology department
I got to the hospital pretty early shinning with confidence cos i was pretty sure I had enough in my cute head...that's the sweet part
Hello????Madam Dammy fall from that high cloud now!!!(*Dr House voice*)
I bounced heartily into my teacher's office, he smiled and told me to sit ,gave me a load of questions after which my brain started to hurt (my confidence was at 45% at the moment, if u get my drift). and just when i thought I was about to receive mercy from his claws, I heard "Room no 1, Patient 1, go prepare his case history" and in my head i'm thinking " what the heck it's saturday for heaven's sake can't you let me get to that on monday? " but outside my head I just nodded in compliance.
I get to the patient's room...empty!!!(horror..!! this would only keep me here longer!!)
I went to the corridor and took a seat, in a few minutes my teacher walked past and he said "why are you not with the patient?"
Me: He wasn't there( I was seriously hoping for "Ok you can get to it on Monday")
Instead,
He turns toward the rooms and i automatically get up and follow him..,Lo and behold
the patient was lying there...If i were an "oyinbo" child I swear you could have seen me go pale because he turned around and looked at me like i was a joker and just walked out of the room.

The bright side; My patient a 25 year old driver and his pretty wife were awesome people..,they made me laugh all through the questioning and examination that time just flew by.

But I had another problem ,I couldn't figure what was really wrong with the guy so after about 2hours I went back to my teacher for some help which he offered some really unnecessary ones and his last statement to me was "It's your problem not mine.,go solve it!"

For the first time, I had tears of frustration with Medicine as a whole in my eyes...,I walked away from his office, put my things together and left for home telling myself I'll fix it later but not today...cos today I just want to try a new fruit..(my way of consoling myself)

#Bad; I get home ,open facebook and it's bad news everywhere..,bombings here and there. What happening to Nigeria. May God help us

***
I just have to go try that new fruit and I decided it's going to be a kiwi fruit..


Hows your day going?

10 comments:

  1. Hmmmm you try new fruits to console yourself. I really like that. i think I'd adopt it. :)
    I can only imagine how frustrated you were, take it jeje, God would always handle d rest oh and for Nigeria, I have nothing to say

    ReplyDelete
  2. whirlwind of emotions...i've never tried kiwi before, the name scares me. I pray you God blesses you with the grace to sail through work and i pray He heals our land

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeya. Sometimes, life happens like that. The whole day just suck. But don't worry, the sun will come out after the night is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days are like that jare. Just put a dollop of cream on your fruit I love kiwi by the way) and eat your way out of misery. Remember to repent later :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs* so how did the group get together go? cake always make everything seem better. Good thing i'm slim by default lool

    ReplyDelete
  6. @coy introvert..thank u jare..xoxo
    @dosh..yea i was pretty scared too buh trust me i enjoyed it alot
    @ilola thanks alot ooo..
    @honey dame..not yet the inside scares me but i will get there..lol
    @ginger...yep i tried dat and i loved it..
    @toinlicious..the get together was a blast..thankie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, well good job at work. Can't be easy diagnosing stuff (my sister is also a paediatrician and I doff' hat for you guys oo heehee). Kiwi not a bad fruit :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for
    something unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!



    My page :: fast weight loss diets

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm
    planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
    P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

    Here is my webpage ... fast weight loss diets

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you